Saturday, June 21, 2008

Detail of Chuck's Dad

This is a Chuck's Dad cartoon like I used to draw to entertain my friends at school and work out our social dysfunction as I had been learning in my study of psychology and and my intuition and Lutheran concepts of right behavior and whatever else came into my rhetoric.

Chuck' father was an alcoholic who was fired from his job as a farm equipment salesman during the time that I knew Chuck. The cause for his firing was making false reports in his business statements. He had been listing customers as having been visited who eventually complained that they needed a salesman to service them. He had been some place getting drunk.

Chuck's dad was always drawn drunk with some element of violence around him since I did not like him and Chuck would always have some recent story about his father's recent abuse. He would sometimes get out his .45 and threaten his family with it. After his father was diagnosed with cancer he wrote a sad letter to his ex wife and while he sat in his beloved white cadillac he shot himself.

No comments: