Saturday, June 21, 2008

I Resume Acting

My old boss who had to fire me from my dishwashing and stocker position at the now defunct "Good Earth" restaraunt of Berkeley and I re-met through one of my "anti-social" acts.

I decided to look into the theater of the Laney College where I had been trying to pick myself up from the wretched dregs of my shit life when I stopped to look at a stage performance of improv acting. I watched silently from the balcony and as I turned to leave an actor shouted to me.

"What did you think of the show?" I turned around and asked, "What? You really want to know?" He confirmed it. An I said " I didn't buy any of it! The acting was lousy from just about everyone. The stories were ridiculous and idiotic and..."

A grey haired bearded old dude in a black leather jacket pounced off the stage and started a piercing charge towards the skybox and I hit the doors.

He caught up with me on the student square and threatened me not to ever "step foot in his theater again."

That is how I was first introduced to Lew Levinson.

It a was a few days later when my old boss Bob Whalen came to me and began his plea to have me join the very class of lousy unconvincing actors with no point of view. He assured me that Lew could be handled and that all the actors wanted me.

to be continued...

No comments: